Greetings, I was talking to my daughter today and it hit… i should blog about a veggie a month. or herb or whatever healthy food item I am really feeling that month. She thought it was a good idea so here goes.
Spaghetti Squash. yep. Spaghetti Squash. I started to eat spaghetti squash a few years back when I gave up pasta. I wasn’t looking for an alternative, but somehow (i really can’t recall) spaghetti squash found me. When I first began to make it i used it like well, Pasta. This season it actually seems more like an asian dish the way i am preparing it. Maybe it is the Thai Basil. But it is by far my favorite way of preparing it, thus far.
So here is the list. (If you follow you know I am a lister.)
Top Four 4 Reasons I like Spaghetti Squash:
- A pasta substitute. Obviously it is superior nutritionally on every level.
- Good for eye health. I’m sure you noticed I wear glasses.
- Promotes cellular health. Everyone wants their cells nourished, right?
- It is easy to cook. I LOVE HEALTHY AND SIMPLE MEALS. I’m not that type of girl that likes to spend all day in the kitchen. (Yes, I cook virtually everyday in case you were wondering.)
So here is a recipe:
- Spaghetti Squash
- Grapeseed Oil
- Grape tomatoes
- Onion (slices)
- red bell (slices)
- green bell (slices)
- thai basil (chopped)
- sea salt
So What I do:
Pray. I pray for all the hands that were involved in the preparation of the ingredients and to God that my spirit and thoughts will be positive so that I’m not transferring any negativity. Then I get lost in thought while I concoct. Or if I’m thinking too much I turn on some music and try to totally enjoy myself.
*I’m going to bullet the how to so easy to see the steps.
- Put grapeseed oil in your skillet. Enough to saute the onion and peppers so that they do not stick.
- Once oil is hot I put the sliced onion in and saute.
- Then I add the bell peppers.
- Then I add the tomatoes and usually salt
- I stir all this goodness for a few minutes.
- Turn off the fire
- Add the Thai basil
- Next I fork out the inside of the spaghetti squash into the pan and mix it all together.
That’s it! Main dish complete. It is so Good.