D-Town Farms is an organic farm in Detroit, Michigan on 7 acres in Rouge Park. It is a product of Detroit Black Food Security. Their goals on the Detroit’s north end is
- Detroit People’s Food Co-op
- A retail Co-op Grocery Store
- Incubator Kitchen
- Community Meeting Space
- A Cafe
- Offices for staff
- sell their produce at farmers’ markets, wholesale customers and to the community.
- a youth program called Food Warriors that teach the youth about food security, food justice, and the value of gardening, eating healthy and exercise.
- Ujamaa Food Co-Op Monthly Buying Club
- “What’s For Dinner?” lecture series
- Annual Harvest Festival