Hey Now! So, in case you were wondering how this went. In case you are wondering what this thing is November Challenge.
- Make artisan bread. This turned out to be a great success. Sorry I don’t have any pictures. I only made it once which cranked out 4 loaves. The bread man has taken over this project and I think he has made it twice. The children devour it. I think I only got to taste a small piece of the first loaf.
- The crackers. I went with a cheese cracker recipe because I had saved one from years ago when my children were sad that I banned the consumption of Cheez Its. This project didn’t turn out so well. Edible, they ate them, but I didn’t enjoy the process enough to do it again (any time soon). Plus I couldn’t get my food processor to work after I put all the stuff in so yeah. I didn’t have fun. I will say that I tasted the mixture prior to adding the flour and it was yummy. So I think if I got the consistency of mixture like recipe suggested the final product may have been better. I may try a different type of cracker in the future.😉
- 3 day fast…. Loved it!
- 10 baby hats for nicu. I failed 😩. I gave myself the goal of 10 thinking I would spend an hour on each hat. So I achieved an underlining goal which is every month I do 10 hours of charity work. The hats took me longer than 10 hours. First there was the how do you do this again. Then I decided to make the hats bigger. I looked at a few fb pages dedicated to donating hats to the nicu and they all seemed to focus on the small babies. I then decided to make mine for the slightly bigger babies because all nicu babies aren’t tiny and still deserve a gift. Anyhow, I finished the actual knitting but my least favorite parts (sewing ends & adding Pom poms) I just didn’t accomplish. I started to force myself to do it late on Nov 30 🙂 but decided sleep was more important.
I wish I accomplished all my goals, but so much EXTRA stuff got done around here I’m ok with that.
Apologies no pictures. Next time we make artisan bread hopefully there will be a picture. I will ask the bread man to help since he will probably want to show his work. And I’ll post a picture of completed hats.
I was asked if I’m doing it again in December. Not really. We have a lot going on but if you want to know 4 things I intend to complete:
- Get all our schedules meshed for upcoming semester.
- Meeting with my son to decide which books we will read together and what unit studies he is planning for next semester.
- Make body butter. It’s that time of year again.
- Mail A Package to a dear friend. I’m kinda slow at the packaging part Especially when a bigger box than the free priority box is needed AND going to the post office.