I posed this question to myself: How will 40 be different?
If I had to give this segment of my life a theme I would go with Permission.
Permission To Be Free!
I am giving myself the permission to…
- Take my health more seriously focusing on the mental, spiritual and physical.
- To rest when I’m tired, exhausted or just want to.
- To enjoy the foods I choose to eat–the good and the bad.
- To change my mind
- To Explore
- To Fail
- To Veg out to movies/documentaries more often
- To be vulnerable
- To take days off (to veg out with a good book)
- To suceed
- To take long walks in the park barefoot when i have other stuff to do but this is what my mind, body and spirit is calling for.
- To release the “hippie” in me. As one of my friends tell me, “just let her out.”
- To not hide my joy, silliness, and smile
- To embrace spontaneity (again) despite farm life and schedules (wish me luck)
- To celebrate the best parts of me
- To speak lovingly to myself
- To unleash my creative side (take/make the time to bring these ideas to fruition)
- To isolate so I can recharge
- To be gentle to myself
- To have the courage to speak when something isn’t working for me
I can’t say (write) that it is some magic and I wake up on my 40th bday and all these things have miraculously changed. What I can say is that I am officially giving my permission to be free and may this list that just flowed off the top of my dome help guide me.